Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 7: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

It's true. And I agree, it's no humbug.

I was just reading a medScape blog, and an anesthesiologist was just complaining about a drug shortage list maintained by the FDA. For example, propofol,this drug is indispensable for an anesthesiologist and yet there is a shortage. He claims most especially to their specialty, that they have a special relationship with the medications they use. And it's hard to be deprived of something that one has been used to.

While I was watching a soap opera a while a go, there was a scene when a couple was hugging each other and the act was just so heartwarming that i couldn't resist but to miss someone. Call it a moment of weakness but i admit it. No matter how hard i try and remind myself not to think or feel or long for that someone, i always surrender to it. It's hard and it's a struggle. Because somehow I gotta be strong. It's self preservation. I guess I can't do anything, because i do love this someone.

Sometimes, in the middle of all these complicated emotions, i just wonder about that "man in the future."